Technology is constantly evolving. Our smartphone receives updates or we find out about new apps at such as fast pace that it very difficult to keep track of it all. it isn’t necessary to have too many apps on your phone; they occupy too much space and can be unnecessary. However, there is one app that every Android user should have under any circumstances: The Play Store App, also known as the Google App.
As almost all other apps that you can download on your phone are available on the Play Store app, it is vital for every smartphone user. If for some reason you don’t have the Play Store app on your phone or have deleted it by mistake, you needn’t worry, as we have created a step-by-step guide of how to install the Play Store app on your phone.
1) Downloading the Google Play Store app is a fairly simple process. However, before you will be able to download the App, you must first go to the Settings function on your phone, select Security and enable Unknown Sources. Since your smartphone has been designed to protect itself against threats, you will not be able to download the Play Store App before enabling Unknown Sources. If you can’t find this setting you can also check out the Application Settings option or the Privacy Settings option, both of which might have it. You needn’t worry about the security of your phone as you can always disable the setting after you are done and avoid downloading any other apps while the setting is enabled.
2) After enabling Unknown Sources, go to your browser (which is probably Google) and type Play Store download for Android. Once you have done this, you will see several options appear in front of you. While you can go to any of these options, the safest bet is to go to the more trusted sources such as APK Mirror or the Google Play website. This ensures that you won’t download a version that has been corrupted or has a virus.
3) Once on the page, if you haven’t already found the app, search for it. Since the Google Play Store app is in APK format, downloading it is like downloading any other app. Once you have found the app, click download. A pop up might warn you regarding the unsafe nature of the app, you can ignore it and continue downloading the file. It is important to note here that the Play Store App isn’t actually dangerous, and this is a standard warning when you download something from an Unknown Source other than the Play Store App. Since you are downloading the Play Store App itself, you don’t have to worry about the warning.
4) After clicking download, you will see the Play Store App begin to download on your phone. This can take a few seconds or a few minutes, depending on the speed of your internet. Before downloading make sure that you have enough space on your phone for an app as big as the Play Store. If not, then delete a few unnecessary apps before you start downloading it.
5) As soon as the app has finished downloading, it will begin to install itself on your phone. Once again, the initialization process might take a few seconds or a few minutes. As soon as the download is complete, you are free to use the Google Play Store App. If you want to check if it is working properly, you can download an app and see for yourself. Downloading an app from the Play Store is the same process as downloading the Google Store. All you have to do is search for it on the Play Store, click download and then wait for it to install. However, it is probably a good idea to follow our next step before you do download something.
6) Though after following this step-by-step guide you would have downloaded the Google Store App, there is one very important thing to do before you download anything else on your phone. You need to go back to your Settings (or Privacy Settings or Application Settings), click on Security and then disable Unknown Sources. Like we’ve mentioned earlier this setting helps your phone your phone protect itself from viruses and harmful software. Leaving it enabled is a terrible idea as it leaves all your data vulnerable.
We hope that our step-by-step guide helped you download the Google Play Store easily and without any confusion. You will be able to download whichever apps you want whenever you want to. However, keep one thing in mind while downloading the Play Store app, just make sure that you are downloading the latest version of the app for the best services.